Wednesday, January 1, 2020

December 11, 2019 - "Quick Clarification, I hope"

Dear Angels,

It seems to me, based on texts, emails, and voicemails, that I've been unclear somehow. Here's the short version:

I had the portacath put in Tuesday afternoon. It was relatively uneventful, other than the discomfort today. OTC meds help.
Tomorrow morning early, I go in for my first treatment of chemotherapy, after a thorough education of this round of treatments.
Presumably, on Monday, I will commence having radiation (Proton Therapy) five days a week for six to seven weeks.

I intend to ask a lot of questions tomorrow since I have a scheduled meeting with the medical oncologist, Dr. Blakeley. This should provide me with enough info to answer any questions posed by my angels and those questions on my own mind.

If you are reading this, you must have some form of internet. This should enable you to clarify the terms I use. I just don't really have much energy right now for minutia. I try to use layman's language as much as I can, but some of this is medical jargon.

Love and blessings,
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment