Wednesday, January 1, 2020

December 30, 2019 - "Chapter 4, Part#1 Story of Ken"

Good afternoon, Angels in my life. 

I think I like (agree) with the term "story" as opposed to "journey", regarding this 'chapter of my life'. A life I enjoy recounting, at least currently (my dad was a genuine story-teller deluxe) and am grateful to be witnessing. It's chock full of miracles, for instance. I mean, I almost literally dodged a bullet by one millimeter, in terms of the brain lesion, for one thing. On top of that, the radiologist's office is confident (80%) that they got every bit of cancer in the brain. (I believe it's their nature to be conservative)

After talking with three of my different doctors' offices today, I am done with all those calls today, and can now just chill. I needed that.

Evidently, all that has to happen now, is my weaning off the Dexamethasone (a steroid) and then the resumption of the treatment for the lung mass. I heard there is a 50-50 chance of it returning to the brain since the mass is continuing to pump oxygenated blood to the organs. The brain especially demands this, and the blood can be tainted with adenocarcinoma cells. It wouldn't be as critical this time since they proactively put a plan in place for that contingency. Still, the order of the day is, as Larry The Cable Guy says, "Git 'er done." I'm ready.

Everything else remains in stasis, which I won't belabor today. If, however, anyone has any questions or what-have-you, please feel free to send me a message and I'll be as clear and thorough as I can at the time.

Thanks for 'listening', and for being there.

yours genuinely,
Grateful Ken

p.s. also feel free to share this info with others, as you see fit. I do not intend to hide out about this situation. Well, except for social media, which I think I've been clear about. I'd see that as just plain wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment