Wednesday, January 1, 2020

December 26, 2019 - "Chapter 3, Part#2 Journey of Ken

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in on who gets the emails where SPAM is not an issue. The couple who had those issues have circumvented it and I don't feel my messages are languishing in some far-flung recesses of Cyberspace.

I can't sleep past two hours or so, as usual, so my trip to my third radiosurgery will be on less sleep than I had hoped, but it will be relatively pain-free due to the timing of my OTC meds. (basically, of all things, Tylenol) I'll give a more detailed report in the afternoon, I imagine. The very treatments, themselves, are pretty uneventful. Even the after-effects are nothing astronomical.

I needed to reach out more often than usual, this morning, so I figured a little bulleted list would be okay for now.

  • The few errant hairs that came out were probably the usual hair we all lose on a regular basis. No progression there.
  • The pain is about the same at any given time, and I often just take my meds early, with a "what's the difference?' attitude.
  • I'm open to any questions, comments, etc, at any given time. I love the opportunity.
  • The emotions are still a tad odd to me, but not out of control, per se. Not much tolerance for BS, but no desire to lash out.
  • New questions for the current team, due to running out of a drug that you shouldn't just stop abruptly, and swelling of the feet.
  • Appetite is good, actually better, than in a long while. I'm back to grazing all day. Not gaining much weight at all, either.
  • I now have a thorough list printed for the oncologist to review, to see if there are any supplements I need to continue.
  • I'm totally surrendered to the great 'team' of doctors and their expertise now. They will act as my "higher power" for now.

Still grateful for all of you in my life right now Thank you for your continued support, and kind words. I still really like calling you all my "angels", knowing that some are a little 'resistant', to use a word. So sue me.

Love genuinely,
Grateful Ken (as I have been known to call myself lately)

p.s. I used to drink alcoholically for many years. I have adopted this credo for the past 23 or so: "There is nothing in my life, so horrible, that I couldn't make it worse by picking up a drink." I think that must land somewhere, in a heart or mind, or I doubt I would have added that to this communique today. See you in the funny page, Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment