Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Whole New Part of The Adventure

In May of 2019, after enduring The Shingles (Herpes Zoster) for nearly six weeks, I finally took some time and made it out to Happy Camp, CA  to do what I call "recon" on a yearly musical event that I felt was going to finally pick up steam and perhaps become something of a National Event, such as The Monterrey Pop Festival (1967) and Woodstock (1969). As an aside, I think it will.

I flew four times at the end of May, and by mid to late June I started to feel as if I might have picked up a slight infection or something in my pleural cavity, particularly on the upper right side of my chest. Since my yearly physical was due, I made the appointment and by mid-July had another great physical, with the addition of a Z-Pak (antibiotics) for the supposed infection.

When the x-ray came back showing a "mass" in the upper right lung, a CT Scan was ordered, and when the results from that came back, things got serious quickly. I hesitantly started sharing with close friends and loved ones only, but soon began opening up for some reason. Eventually, I would be writing two or so emails a week, to up to 40 people on a Blind Carbon Copy List, to comply with the many wishes to be "kept in the loop".

I have decided to post these all here, to share the story with others and perhaps make a difference in some lives. Mine has become more peaceful, hopeful, and full of Gratitude.

The saga begins to be shared via email in early September, as far as I can tell. I will try to keep this all in order so that readers can either catch up or look up a certain entry or entry time with greater ease.








No comments:

Post a Comment